Gold American Eagle Coins: Why Buy Gold American Eagle Coins and Add Them To Your Collection or Portfolio Today
In 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt signed the Gold Confiscation Act, which made it illegal for Americans to own legal tender gold. In the early 1970's, during President Richard Nixon's presidency, the right to own gold was restored. However, it was not until 1986, when President Ronald Reagan authorized the Gold American Eagle program that the Federal Government once again began minting non-commemorative legal tender gold coins for private ownership.
Since that time, the American Gold Eagle program has become one of the most in-demand legal tender gold coin programs in the world. Here are just a few of the many reasons to add these historic coins to your family’s estate today:
- The American Gold Eagle family of coins come in four legal tender denominations, including $5, $10, $50, and the historic, first-ever $25 legal tender gold coin in United States history.
- Because of their relative rarity and historic importance, the $25 Gold Eagles have long been one of our Select 4 coin picks as one of the most collectible United States coins.
- To underscore the importance of the American Gold Eagle program, the U.S. Congress has legally deemed these coins to be “numismatic” and approved them as legally qualified investment coins through your personal IRA plan, just like their Platinum and Silver counterparts.
- The U.S. Government guarantees each Gold American Eagle for its respective gold weight and .9167 fine gold purity.
- Their portability, universal liquidity, and government guaranteed status make the American Gold Eagles the perfect gold asset for your family’s estate.
- With the price of gold holding strong and trending higher, prices for American Gold Eagles may never be this low again.
- The Gold American Eagles are truly awesome specimens of craftsmanship, design, and qualify as bona fide American treasures.
Please note that the uncirculated Gold American Eagles are not sold directly to the public by the U.S. Mint. Order your coins today through Universal Coin & Bullion, Ltd..
For more information on purchasing American Gold Eagles, either for personal collections, or as legally qualified investments through your IRA, please call us toll-free at
Silver American EaglesNo collection of American legal tender coins is complete without a set of American Silver Eagles. Since 1986, the first year of their issue ...